Here at LenJo Bakes, we absolutely value the safety and health of our customers and community.
LenJo Bakes is a very small operation and I can assure you that we have excellent cleaning and hygiene processes in place. Always have. Always will.
In response to the safety measures related to the pandemic, we are operating with the following changes:
- We have 3 marked boxes outside of our storefront for customers to line up at an appropriate distance. If there are more than 3 groups in line, we ask that customers continue the line around the side of the building.
- There will be a maximum of 2 customers for in-store shopping at a time.
- Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry. The sanitizer is located on the window bar as soon as you turn left.
- You can minimize your time spent in the shop by placing a pre-order online. You can choose curbside pick-up to stay in your car, skip the line by ringing the bell on the table located next to the Fastpass box in front of the door (marked with an “F”) for contactless pick-up, or pop into the shop for low-contact pick-up. You’ll receive a confirmation email with clear instructions for pick-up. We do ask that you stick to the pick-up time selected in order to help facilitate flow.
- You do not need to place a pre-order! If you’re taking a stroll through the neighbourhood we can still get you treats for the journey. On the window in front of box number 3 outside of our storefront, we have a QR code for customers to scan and place a self-serve contactless order. It’s fairly straight forward and really quick if you have a payment card set up in your phone. You can also just pop into the shop!
- We are accepting all forms of payment (including cash) except cryptocurrencies.
- Our menu will be posted in our side window if you haven’t had a chance to take a peek ahead of time.
- We do ask that everyone who is interacting with our staff to either wear a mask or face shield.
- Our staff go through COVID-19 screening at the beginning of each shift and will be sent home immediately at the first sign of a COVID-related symptom, only permitted to return once having obtained a negative test.
I am still optimistic (yes! even a year later) that as long as we all follow the guidelines set out by Public Health Ontario, we will be able to keep ourselves, our families, and our friends healthy.
We understand these operational changes are not ideal for everyone. If you have any concerns/ideas we would hello(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lenjobakes.com them!
Thank you for your increased patience and understanding during this time. But most importantly – thank you for your support.
This is new territory for everyone and as a new business owner it’s easy to get overwhelmed. However, instead of surrendering to fear of the unknown I am choosing to chuck a smile on my face, wash my hands incessantly, sanitize everything in sight, bake delicious things, and continue to check my temperature every 6 hours.
Feel free to check out the COVID-19 highlight on our Instagram to see an example of our current shopping experience!