Let’s explore one of elements that will make up your spectacular, completely bespoke custom cake: the flavour!
As a standard, each cake tier will have 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling.
Our extra tall tiers have 6 layers of cake and 4 layers of filling (split into two cakes of 3 layers of cake, two layers of filling divided by a cake board).
Although we have curated a small list of options available below, the sky is the limit! Tell us what your favourite flavours are and we’ll figure out a way to deliver.
We’re happy to provide both gluten-friendly and dairy-free alternatives for nearly all of our cakes and fillings!
We are a peanut-free facility, but we do make products with tree nuts and other common allergens.
Cake Flavour Options
Each tier can be a different flavour of cake.
- vanilla (add sprinkles for funfetti!)
- lemon (or any other citrus)
- Earl Grey (or any other tea)
- toasted coconut
*not available in 4″ unless ordered with another tier
Cake Filling Options
These fillings can be combined or alternated for each layer of filling. Why choose just one!?
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- roasted hazelnut
- roasted almond
- passion fruit
- Fresh berries (seasonal)
- dark chocolate
- Salted Caramel
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Let’s Put ‘Em Together!
Here are some flavour combinations we’ve done in the past for some inspo!
- vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream and lemon curd
- vanilla cake with cassis (blackcurrant) buttercream
- vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and passionfruit curd
- vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream and champagne gel
- vanilla cake with mocha buttercream and salted caramel drizzle
- funfetti!! a.k.a. vanilla cake with sprinkles and vanilla buttercream
- chocolate cake with roasted hazelnut buttercream
- chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and dark cherry compote
- chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and salted caramel
- lemon cake with lemon curd and fresh berries
- toasted coconut cake with mango buttercream
- carrot cake with cream cheese buttercream
- banana cake with dark chocolate ganache
- matcha cake with matcha buttercream and blackberry compote
- spiced cake with vanilla buttercream and roasted apple
- turbinado cake with stewed/poached peaches
- Earl Grey cake with vanilla buttercream (London Fog)
Now that you’ve worked out what you want your cake to taste like, check out our post on cake sizes to determine just how much cake you’ll need for you special event!
Ready to schedule a consult with us? Check out our availability calendar to get started!
FYI: We can make red velvet cake, but we don’t put red food colouring in it. Instead we use natural cocoa which has a red *tinge* but it won’t resemble the red velvet cakes you’ve likely come to know. Texture-wise: spot on. Flavour-wise: much improved (in our humble opinion). But if you’re looking for the nostalgia-inducing red velvet, you won’t find it here.